Irkutsk National Research Technical University
Irkutsk National Research Technical University was opened in May 1930 in Irkutsk city as the Siberian Mining Institute, to begin training for the gold mining industry. In 1938 Irkutsk State Technical University was renamed as an Mining and Metallurgy Institute and in 1960 Irkutsk State Technical University became the Polytechnic Institute. In 1950 the basis of the Mining and Metallurgical Institute began training engineers and opened new departments: Civil, Mechanical, Chemical Technology, Engineering, Geological Survey. In 1970 there were 8 faculties of the Institute which trained specialists in 39 profiles. On the left bank of ANGARA river Institute built a town with large academic buildings, dormitories and stadiums. Institute became the largest university in Irkutsk. In June 1978 the first edition of Architects was made by the department of architectural design. Rector (Prof) SB Leonov played a major role in the development of the university. In the 1990s, the Irkutsk State Technical University organized new humanities faculties and in 1993 received the status of a technical university. Irkutsk State Technical University became the largest university in Eastern Siberia, which enrolled more than 15,000 students. In Irkutsk State Technical University students are citizens of the Russian Federation and from more than 18 countries. Today Irkutsk National Research Technical University has more than 100 departments.
Getting an education in Irkutsk State Technical University provides a student with exceptional groundwork for their career growth. Having a degree from Irkutsk National Research Technical University is being confident in your bright future and unfathomable career opportunities.