Tomsk Polytechnic University

Tomsk Polytechnic University (TPU) in Tomsk, Russia, is the oldest technical university in Russia east of the Urals. The university was founded in 1896 and opened in 1900 as the Tomsk Technological Institute. The university has more than 22,000 current students and has graduated more than 100,000 technical specialists. The quantity of international students is over 13500 from 48 countries of the world. The university includes 27 Bachelor Degree Programs, 36 Master Degree Programs, 7 Specialist Programs, 19 PhD Programs, 30 Doctor of Science Degree Programs etc.

Getting an education in Tomsk Polytechnic University provides a student with exceptional groundwork for their career growth. Having a degree from Tomsk Polytechnic University is being confident in your bright future and unfathomable career opportunities.

Educational Divisions

  • Institute of Natural Resources
  • Institute of High Technology Physics
  • Institute of Cybernetics
  • Institute of Physics and Technology
  • Institute of Non-Destructive Testing
  • Institute of Power Engineering
  • Institute of Humanities, Social Sciences and Technologies
  • Institute of Strategic Partnership and Competences Development
  • Institute of International Education and Language Communication
  • E-learning Institute
  • Yurga Institute of Technology, TPU Affiliate
  • Military Training Department

The university has a number of relationships with schools all over the world. It has set up several centers in cooperation with schools abroad such as Ohio State University, Michigan State University and Goethe-Institut. It is a member of the Top Industrial Managers for Europe network. The various centers include:

  • The Russian-American Centre
  • The Russian-German Centre
  • The Russian-French Centre
  • The Asian and Pacific Centre
  • The Central Asia Centre for
  • Engineering Education (CACEE)
  • International Scientific Relations Department

Listing Details

  • ACRONYM – TPU
  • STATUS – State
  • ACCREDITATION – IV
  • ESTABLISHED – 1896
  • STUDENTS TRAINED – over 22000